Who is standing by your side? Mom? Dad? An older brother or sister?
We will match you with a child in need of your guidance and support- to play together, to talk or to just hang out.
We believe that volunteer work should coincide with your life and schedule in order to enable you to wholeheartedly give back without giving something up in the long run. That is why the encounters take place weekly for two hours each time. The long term accumulated benefits will surprise you…
All through your Journey volunteering with us, we will be there for you, for every question or request.
The Big Brother Big Sister organization has been around for over 100 years worldwide. Tens of-thousands of children were matched with Big Brothers and Sisters who have helped them make a change in their lives. Although we all follow the same principles, no two matches are the same. You and your Little Brother or Sister will create your own special connection in your way.
- • 1904The Big Brothers Big Sisters organization was established in the USA
- • 1970The International Big Brothers Big Sisters organization was established in the USA
- • 1973Following the Yom Kippur War, a local Haifa organization called "Big Brothers Haifa" began providing mentoring services to children that became orphaned after the war
- • 2003Social Worker Libby Reichman established Big Brothers Big Sisters of Israel
- • 2013"Big Brothers Haifa" merged with Big Brothers Big Sisters of Israel into one national organization – a seldom seen occurrence in the non-profit world in Israel
- • 2016Big Brothers Big Sisters of Israel provided services to 530 children through the dedicated care of 530 volunteers in 15 branches throughout Israel
- • 2017A new year with new challenges. BBBS is aiming to expand and serve hundreds more Israeli children and teens in need of an adult volunteer mentor
Do you want to help a child change their life? A Little Brother or Sister is waiting for you
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Israel is a non-profit organization working to benefit children in need of a supportive adult figure.
We are a branch of the Big Brothers Big Sisters International movement established in the U.S.A. over 100 years ago.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Israel does not identify with any political, governmental or religious movement.
We are a non-profit organization
Our activity is made possible through three income channels:
- i. Donations from private funds and individuals
- ii. Local municipality and governmental support
- iii. self income from fundraising activities
Our program is made possible through the people and organizations who donate their time and efforts towards our little brothers and sisters.
Public sector and government
Funds and private entities
- Mr John Gandel AC and Mrs Pauline Gandel are proud Patrons of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Israel